Job Description: Nursery Lead Hand
Full time Seasonal
Wage: $20-25/hour depending on experience and qualifications
- Competitive benefits package including dental and LTD
- Excellent work environment
- Opportunities for training and advancement
- Staff socials and events, Senators tickets
- Great facility (employee parking, lunchroom, shower, personal storage space, etc.)
- Opportunities for extra hours if desired
- Field preparation, organization and planting of liner stock
- Organizing and implementing a pruning schedule
- Maintaining inventory of field stock
- Oversee and participate in day to day field operations including weed control, scouting, IPM, mowing, cultivating, irrigation, staking, harvesting, etc.
- Our typical day is from 7 am to 5 pm. Expected to work every second Saturday during April, May, June, September as well as at least one Saturday during July, August and October.
We are looking for an individual that:
- is reliable, punctual, responsible, dedicated to quality work with strong work ethics, and willing to work hard.
- is able to perform a variety of physical and repetitive tasks
- has a valid Driver’s License and their own transportation to and from our office yard
- has previous horticultural experience or training
- enjoys working independently
- has experience operating and maintaining machinery (farm tractors, skid steers, loaders, etc.)
Please send resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org