We are currently not hiring at this time.Read More
Manotick Tree Movers offers complete tree pruning and removal services
Our qualified staff includes Certified Arborists (ISA) and a Forestry Technician with a proven level of knowledge, technical competency and experience.
Our techniques include dedicated climbing and rigging equipment to ensure safety and efficiency for each task. Well-cared-for trees are more attractive, safer and can add considerable value to your property.
We carry full liability insurance and maintain active membership with the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA).
Most urban landscape trees require some corrective pruning to develop proper form and safe branch structure. A young tree given regular attention (every 3 to 5 years) has a much greater chance of staying healthy and vigorous to become a heritage for decades (even centuries) to come.
Older mature trees generally require a “house cleaning” type of maintenance to maintain their overall health and safety. We recommend removing no more than 25% of the crown for any mature tree. We also will not “top” or pollard a tree because of the extensive negative effect this has on its future health.
Common reasons for pruning are as follows:
- corrective leader and branch training of young trees
- removing crowded, crossing or rubbing branches
- eliminate potential hazards by removing deadwood and stubs
- structure corrections to reduce storm and wind damage
- clearing buildings, roofs, chimneys, etc.
- removing limbs damaged by adverse weather conditions